Part 2 : the happiness in the struggle.

         
      In my last blog post which happened to be my first i gave you an introduction to the virus and how it had affected a lot of people and about my interest in becoming a space scientist. With a great enthusiasm to write on my second blog post as i had a load of content to present.


part 2: admissions in the virus!

                       After the mid term examination about which i had written in the last post. I had to complete that mystery in this post. So i got above 65 percent--according to conversions made overall from all results. And all tests were out of 80 so doing the calculations was a long process. I was somewhere in the mix of the other students.
        So all this made me take a break from the books for a good 2 to 3 weeks. Formula 1 had started, cricket, football and tennis had all started on a full fledged schedule which was a great thing as i had something to entertain myself with. So everything started normally and for a moment i forgot that there was a pandemic that i was facing. 
        

           Switching back to reality for a little time and looking at the news was shocking. As i said earlier i lived in India and in the pandemic farmers came out so that justice could be served to them. North India was in a mess. Thousands of farmers had come out during the pandemic risking their lives just so that their voice is heard and are still protesting everyday. Floods occured in Assam and Kerela making their situation even worse. Other than that people had started to get jobs. To stabilize everything in india would take a lot of time still. 2020 got over and 2021 started.
             The start of another year of full competition admist the covid pandemic still continuing. Prelims were about to start, the December holidays couldn’t be worse, santa didn’t visit any household as he didn’t want to trouble himself with a virus. Although he does nothing for the whole year , he couldn’t spare 1 day.

Well I don’t know much about that and continuing with my story i had reached my time to prepare for the first prelims.
             Preparing for the exams sitting with a pile of print outs and textbooks i had a tough time trying to digest the fact that once you put in 5 chemicals all you get is a white gas or an invisible gas that might help something to burn brighter. But they finally showed some mercy and slashed a little bit of the portions out.
           I gave the prelims and I didn’t do badly considering that they reduced the portions but they don’t count the prelims at any state of your lives and is counted as a preparetory exam. 
              You know after prelims everyone looks out for getting an admission or so was the case in my school because my school had only till 10 th standard. You go every place possible to give entrance exams to get into a great school just to realise after 2 years that a student who had not done well in the entrance exam is giving the same paper as you. Well in my school it has only till tenth which is kinda irritating but it was a blessing as well because my school is icse and if u think of doing science in icse its basically a suicide plan.
               Finding schools these days is not tough, every corner of my city has a school. Though right now whichever school you are in there is no difference because of online schooling. But for me online schooling was like living in paradise. You dont need to wake up and get into a bus full of kids with oiled hair and combed to perfection with a side partition, shoes polished, head just stuck onto the book.
      Said that I was one of the most if not the most indisciplined guy in my school, my tshirt used to be half hanging out, stained and my shoes-- u better not even try to imagine how it looks, my toes are seen because its torn from the front, the soul of the shoe hangs out like a tongue when i walk and my hair even though not curled gets curled because i keep curling my hair with my fingers. Getting kicked out of the class line to get my name noted in the register for dirty shoes or wrong uniform was a regular routine. Then they would make me and the other guys run 5 rounds of the ground. I could miss half of the first class by doing this and i could miss a little more by running extra slow.

            But i still needed to get admission in a school to take my life forward and running with respect and before that i need to do well in my 2nd prelims as well as boards. That resulted in my parents filling consent forms with their signature on a sheet of paper, scan it and send it via email. Then you need to pay an additional 750 bucks to just give the exam. All this just for me to write a paper.

end of part 2.
You can also view my other blog astronomicalstats.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular Posts